Frequently asked questions
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Eyebrow MICROBLADING is a manual technique of permanent eyebrow makeup, ideal for those seeking the most natural results. During the procedure, eyebrow hairs are drawn into the top layer of the skin. Depending on the skills of the Artist, a very realistic eyebrow look can be created.
WHAT IS PHIBROWS?
PhiBrows is an exemplary Microblading method, enabling a PhiBrows Artist to achieve the most natural looking eyebrow effect. The PhiBrows Artist certificate is granted only after the graduation from a prestigious international beauty academy – the PhiAcademy.
During the procedure, an eyebrow shape is created carefully following an individual’s face morphology, and applying the Phi Golden Ratio 1.618. Eyebrows are professionally drawn one hair at a time, following the natural hair growth.
PhiBrows stands for a perfect brow shape, symmetry, and the most impressive natural brow effect.
WHAT IS SHADING?
WHAT IS MICROSHADING?
HOW LONG DOES PERMANENT MAKEUP LAST?
- Mature skin retains pigment longer due to a slower skin regeneration process.
- Dry skin retains pigment better than oily skin. Several perfecting sessions might be needed for oily or problematic skin.
- Color fades faster from sun exposure; therefore, sunscreen with SPF 50 or more is recommended.
- Retention is usually poor for breast-feeding women, due to hormonal imbalance.
- Hormonal therapy, antibiotics, and other medication can cause poor pigment retention or faster fading.
To maintain the desired brow color, touch-ups are recommended once a year.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE LAST?
IS IT PAINFUL?
HOW DO BROWS LOOK AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
WHAT IS THE HEALING TIME?
WHAT IS THE POST-TREATMENT CARE?
- First day – wipe eyebrows gently with distilled water and pat dry every 1-2 hours.
- First week – starting from the second day – apply a very thin layer of the healing ointment 2-3 times a day. No more wiping with water is required, unless the lymph is still present.
- At least for one week – do not use any moisturisers or makeup products in the eyebrow area, except the healing ointment. Avoid excessive sweating, swimming pools, saunas, sunbathing, face massages, etc.
- During the healing – do not scratch/remove any scabs, as this can result in the loss of pigment.
- Always – avoid laser procedures in the treated area. Protect eyebrows from sun exposure with a sunscreen SPF 50+, except for the first week after the procedure (when solely healing ointment can be applied).
CAN EYEBROWS GET WET AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
WHY IS A PERFECTING SESSION NEEDED?
CAN MICROBLADING BE DONE ON PERMANENT MAKEUP?
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE TREATMENT?
- One month before the procedure, it is recommended to avoid skin regeneration treatments, Botox, or other fillers, as well as heavy sun tanning.
- Two weeks prior to the treatment, it is not recommended to tint eyebrows in order to correctly determine the natural hair colour for the most realistic treatment result.
- One day before the session, it is advisable to avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, blood thinners, strong hormone drugs, alcohol, or other stimulants. Always consult with your physician regarding your medicine intake.
ARE THE NATURAL BROW HAIRS SHAVED BEFORE THE PROCEDURE?
WHEN IS THE PROCEDURE NOT PERFORMED?
- Heart disease
- Blood thinning medication
- Infections, immunodeficiency viruses
- Skin diseases
- Keloid scarring
- Less than 6 months after chemotherapy
- Under alcohol or drug influence